The New Zealand cricket team members will wear black armbands on Tuesday during the World T20 game against hosts India in Nagpur as a mark of respect to the departed former captain Martin Crowe.
Also Read: Crowe’s demise sad day for cricket: Dhoni
“In the match on Tuesday, we will be showing our respects by wearing black armbands and I believe after the anthems, there will be a moment where there will be a pause, so that will be a special time of recognition on behalf of the side,” said New Zealand captain Kane Williamson on the eve of the Super 10 Group 2 game at the VCA Stadium in Jamtha. (Full Coverage|| Fixtures||Photos)
Must Read: As the Crowe flies
Crowe died after a long battle with cancer on March 3 in Auckland aged 53 and the funeral was conducted on March 11.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gavaskar: Crowe was a good thinker of the game
“Like you mentioned, some blokes in the side, they were very close to Martin and I guess they will deal it in their own way throughout the tournament and throughout the cricket that is coming up. He was a big part of their lives as a cricketer and as a person. It’s just the process that you get through when something significant like this happens,” Williamson added.
Dean Jones: He was one of the finest players, we lost a star
Widely regarded as the best batsman produced by his country, Crowe played 77 Tests since making his debut against Australia and went on to score 5,444 runs at an average of 45.36 with 17 centuries, still a New Zealand record.