The New Zealand cricket team members will wear black armbands on Tuesday during the World T20 game against hosts India in Nagpur as a mark of respect to the departed former captain Martin Crowe.
Also Read: Crowe’s demise sad day for cricket: Dhoni
“In the match on Tuesday, we will be showing our respects by wearing black armbands and I believe after the anthems, there will be a moment where there will be a pause, so that will be a special time of recognition on behalf of the side,” said New Zealand captain Kane Williamson on the eve of the Super 10 Group 2 game at the VCA Stadium in Jamtha. (Full Coverage|| Fixtures||Photos)
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Must Read: As the Crowe flies
Crowe died after a long battle with cancer on March 3 in Auckland aged 53 and the funeral was conducted on March 11.
Gavaskar: Crowe was a good thinker of the game
“Like you mentioned, some blokes in the side, they were very close to Martin and I guess they will deal it in their own way throughout the tournament and throughout the cricket that is coming up. He was a big part of their lives as a cricketer and as a person. It’s just the process that you get through when something significant like this happens,” Williamson added.
Dean Jones: He was one of the finest players, we lost a star
Widely regarded as the best batsman produced by his country, Crowe played 77 Tests since making his debut against Australia and went on to score 5,444 runs at an average of 45.36 with 17 centuries, still a New Zealand record.