Spinner Harbhajan Singh on Friday exuded confidence that he will make a comeback to the Indian Test squad in near future.
“Last ODIs I have done well. Whatever is there I am confident that I will get to play in Test matches again,” he said.
Talking about being aggressive while playing, he said, “Aggression is looking forward to the challenge. Aggression does not mean you start hitting or beating anyone. To me aggression is to let the ball and bat do the talking.”
- Will take a call on retirement in 2019, says Yuvraj Singh
- Playing County cricket will give me fair idea about pitches and conditions, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Surprised by India’s batting in Tests, says Shaun Pollock
- I am very satisfied with how I bowled in the series against South Africa: Harbhajan Singh
- Once we start winning we will be a difficult side to beat, says Harbhajan Singh
- I am targeting a World Cup comeback: Harbhajan Singh
He, however, added that by remaining composed a player can do things better.
“After playing a lot I have learnt a lot many things …cool and aggressive approach is the need of the hour,” he said on the sidelines of announcement of Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) to be started next year.
Harbhajan, who runs close to five academies in different parts of the country, said his aim is to search hidden talent in villages.
“In these cricketing academies run by me coaches are providing training to batsmen, bowlers and fielders,” he said, adding that around 900 budding cricketers were being trained at Jalandhar, Phagwara, Lucknow and Kolkata.
“Cricket has given a lot to me and it’s time now to do something back for the game. My academies are doing the job for upcoming players,” he added.
About the current pacers in Indian cricket, he said Shami Ahmad, Varun Aron and Umesh Yadav are good fast bowlers who could make the team stronger in future.
About spinners, he said that the tradition of spin bowling in cricket will be good for success of the game.
Harbhajan’s academy will be providing training to the ‘Punjab de Shers’ in CCL.