Hyderabad opener Tanmay Agarwal was taken to hospital after being hit on the head while fielding in his team’s Ranji Trophy Group C match against Chhattisgarh in Valsad on Wednesday.
Agarwal was fielding at forward short leg when Manoj Singh’s pull off spinner Mehdi Hasan found the fielder’s helmet. According to information received, he remained conscious but was stretchered off the field.
The 24-year-old was later taken to the hospital where he was advised a scan after a preliminary check up.
Benjamin Thomas came out to open in place of Agarwal, who had scored 39 in the first innings. Agarwal made his First Class debut in 2014 and has played 18 games since then, averaging close to 40.
By stumps on day three, Hyderabad led Chhattisgarh by 278 runs despite being 115 for nine in their second innings.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Chhattisgarh had made 188 in response to Hyderabad’s first innings total of 351.