Indore’s first Test match proved to be a momentous one for India with numerous records and milestones being achieved at the Holkar Stadium. India beat New Zealand by a massive margin of 321 runs with R Ashwin finishing the contest after amassing 13 wickets and adding another man of the series award to his name. The win meant India whitewashed New Zealand 3-0 to give skipper Virat Kohli his first clean sweep as the captain of the Indian side. The Indian side also formally regained their place at the top of the ICC Test rankings – a position they had momentarily relenquished to Pakistan.
Expectedly, scenes at the end of the contest were ones of euphoria and joy with the entire team and support staff taking pictures in the locker room and celebrating.
Virat Kohli was presented with the ICC Test mace after winning the contest by former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar and assuring the side of top ranking in the ICC Test rankings. This is the second time Kohli will control reigns of the top ranked national side.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Up next for India in the Test calendar is England. However before that, India play New Zealand in limited over matches with the first ODI on Sunday at Dharamsala.