India limited overs cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Olympic medals will remain elusive for the the country until the couch loving youth turn to outdoor sport.
“We have to throw the kids out of the house to play sport. It will not only help them stay active but also help them in their academics,” said Dhoni at the announcement of the a tie up between Seven, a lifestyle brand named after him, and Jabong.
“We often say we don’t win medals at Olympics. But we don’t realise how many of our youth is playing outdoor sport. A lot of the kids are hooked to electronic gadgets. So my suggestion to all the parents is throw your children out of the house. Let them play in the heat. Let them find their own way,” he said.
Dhoni flew in here from Spain, where he was part of another promotional event.
The 35-year-old, who now only plays ODIs and T20s, has a long break from international cricket with India hosting England for a five-match Test series till December 20.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Before the limited overs series against England begins on January 15, Dhoni will be seen in action during domestic one-day tournament.