Pakistan Cricket Board appointed former Zimbabwean batsman Grant Flower as the batting coach of the national team for the next two years.
Flower, the elder brother of former England head coach Andy, will join the Pakistan team on August 1, the Board said in a statement.
“The Chairman of the board is pleased to confirm the appointment of Grant Flower as batting coach for two years on the recommendations of the coaching committee that included Intikhab Alam, Moin Khan and Haroon Rasheed,” the statement said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
It also said that the new head coach of the team, Waqar Younis concurred with the decision of the coaching committee to appoint Flower.
The appointment of Flower is part of PCB’s reorganisation of the support staff for the national team after the World T20 in Bangladesh this year.
Another Zimbabwean, Richard Halsall is tipped to be appointed fielding coach of the national side.