Internet search giant Google has dedicated its latest doodle to the cricket match that will get underway at the Nagpur stadium on Tuesday between hosts India and New Zealand, a much-anticipated encounter at the ICC World T20.
This is the first match in the main set of events of the World Cup that will see teams contesting for the top prize in a 20-overs match. This is the sixth edition of the tournament and will see India hosting for the first time.
The doodle that Google has designed shows two cricket bats in the colours of the two teams criss-crossed against the Google logo with a ball on top. The doodle may have been designed keeping in mind the huge interest that exists in the sub-continent for the sport as well as the tournament.
A total of ten teams have qualified for the main set of matches and the final is scheduled to take place at the Eden Gardens stadium in Kolkata. Many believe that the home conditions and the Indian team’s recent successes over Sri Lanka make it the favourites to win the World Cup, a treasured trophy for any team in the 20-overs format. If India wins the tournament, they will be the first side to win it twice and the first to taste victory on home soil. They are also the top-ranked team in the ICC T20 rankings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The tournament will also see one of the most fierce contests in cricketing history when India take on Pakistan on March 19 in Kolkata.