Internet search giant Google has dedicated its latest doodle to the cricket match that will get underway at the Nagpur stadium on Tuesday between hosts India and New Zealand, a much-anticipated encounter at the ICC World T20.
This is the first match in the main set of events of the World Cup that will see teams contesting for the top prize in a 20-overs match. This is the sixth edition of the tournament and will see India hosting for the first time.
The doodle that Google has designed shows two cricket bats in the colours of the two teams criss-crossed against the Google logo with a ball on top. The doodle may have been designed keeping in mind the huge interest that exists in the sub-continent for the sport as well as the tournament.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A total of ten teams have qualified for the main set of matches and the final is scheduled to take place at the Eden Gardens stadium in Kolkata. Many believe that the home conditions and the Indian team’s recent successes over Sri Lanka make it the favourites to win the World Cup, a treasured trophy for any team in the 20-overs format. If India wins the tournament, they will be the first side to win it twice and the first to taste victory on home soil. They are also the top-ranked team in the ICC T20 rankings.
The tournament will also see one of the most fierce contests in cricketing history when India take on Pakistan on March 19 in Kolkata.