Gautam Gambhir led from the front with a breezy unbeaten 75 as Delhi cruised to a nine-wicket win over Haryana to record their fourth straight victory in a North Zone leg match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy.
Set a target of 141 runs by Haryana, star pair of Gambhir and Virender Sehwag (49) once again sizzled with the bat for Delhi, putting on a 96-ball 121-run stand for the opening wicket to set the platform for the win.
While Sehwag’s was an unusually sedate knock, Gambhir was at his attacking best. Gambhir’s runs came off 53 balls during which he struck seven boundaries and three sixes. Sehwag, on the other hand, played second fiddle and hit just three fours and one six during his 50-ball knock.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Earlier, Haryana rode on half centuries from opener Avi Barot (51 off 42) and Guntashveer Singh (64 off 49) to post 140 for seven after opting to bat. Ishant Sharma was the pick of the bowlers for Delhi with figures of four for nine from his quota of four overs.
Brief Scores: Haryana: 140/7 in 20 overs (G Singh 64, A Barot 51; I Sharma 4/9) Delhi: 142/1in 17.3 overs (G Gambhir 75 n.o, V Sehwag 49)
Himachal Pradesh: 127/8 in 20 overs (R Dhawan 44; W Raza 3/21) J&K: 110 all out in 19.3 overs (A Nabi 39, P Gupta 28; A Chauhan 4/16)
Yusuf stars for Baroda
Mumbai: Riding on skipper Yusuf Pathan’s brilliant unbeaten half century, Baroda registered their fourth successive win by thrashing Maharashtra by six wickets. Opting to bat, Maharashtra posted a modest 139 for seven, which Baroda chased down with 15 balls to spare but not before they experienced some early jitters.
Yusuf, who came into bat at number six, struck seven fours and three sixes during his unconquered 24-ball 57. Yusuf stitched an unbroken 73-run stand for the fifth wicket with Solanki, who remained unbeaten on 40 off 36 balls.
Brief Scores: Maharashtra: 139 for seven in 20 overs (R Tripathi 32, H Khadiwale 23; I P 2/37) Baroda: 142 for four in 20 overs (Y Pathan 57, R Solanki 40; S Mundhe 2/26).