Azhar Ali took the West Indies bowling attack for a ride when he scored a triple-century. He faced 469 balls and scored 23 boundaries and two sixes while achieving the milestone.
He is only the fourth Pakistani batsman to make a triple ton in Tests after Pakistani legend Hanif Mohammed, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Younis Khan. He also gains the distinction of being the first batsman to score a triple century in a day-night Test match.
Azhar Ali’s incredible knock helped take Pakistan’s total to 579/3. Captain Misbah-ul-Haq was waiting for Ali to reach the milestone so as to declare and sure enough, Pakistan walked back to the pavilion as soon as Ali took his 300th run. Azhar admirably adjusted to the pink ball – used in a Test match for only the second time – and faltered once when he was dropped on 190 late in the first session.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Former and current Pakistani players hailed the opener’s knock on twitter:
Monumental effort @AzharAli. What a performance, Test 300 is nothing less than a dream performance. Congrats hero!
Great achievement to @AzharAli_ scoring 300+ in a test inning 👏👏👏.. Super effort,determination & hunger to score big 👍👍👍.. Stay blessed
— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) 14 October 2016
Remarkable achievement by @AzharAli_ on this landmark day and night Test Match. Now it’s Bowlers job to finish it off for the TeamPakistan.
— Saeed Ajmal (@REALsaeedajmal) 14 October 2016
— waqar younis (@waqyounis99) 14 October 2016
— Shoaib Malik (@realshoaibmalik) 14 October 2016
— Mohammad Irfan (@M_IrfanOfficial) 14 October 2016
— Mohammad Rizwan (@iMRizwanPak) 14 October 2016