Virender Sehwag paid a quick visit to his alma mater — the Vikaspuri cricket coaching centre — on Monday as his coach AN Sharma found himself in a bind. The academy, located in a government school, was being challenged by the authorities due to the ongoing construction of a fence around the ground, saying it was not being constructed in the way they had wanted it to.
“We have no problem whatsoever with coach AN Sharma. Though we haven’t decided what needs to be done in this regard, the only thing I can say that it is not being made in a particular fashion and the way we wanted it to be. I have asked our Assistant Engineer to guide us further on the issue,” said deputy director of education Suman Kataria.
Sharma, the septagenarian coach, said he had faced a similar problem 17 years ago when people residing next to the academy had expressed their discomforts of living near a cricket ground. Sharma, however, had a proper fence erected around the circumference of the field to make sure that the balls don’t fly into the houses.
With the school too active, the kids now face the danger of being hit by cricket balls. In order to put an end to that, Sharma wrote a letter to the PWD department.
“Every fencing has a certain life period. I wrote a letter to the PWD department requesting them to repair the fence or reconstruct it for childrens’ safety,” Sharma said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Though the construction work has started, the school authorities showed their discontent towards Sehwag’s coach.
“The authorities have warned me as if I have been responsible. First, they never called me to the meeting where the height and width of the fence was to be decided. They have themselves met the AE and the work has started,” Sharma said. “I told them that I am just a coach here and I have no knowledge about the specifications of the fencing work. However no decision has been made on Monday and we have to wait for the AE’s decision.
Virender Sehwag, who had come to the ground stood behind his coach and said if need be, he would call the media to help solve the matter.