After playing for Chennai Super Kings for six years, Michael Hussey has joined Mumbai Indian this season, in what may prove a canny signing for the defending champions. In an interview with The Indian Express, the Australian shared his thoughts about the upcoming IPL and Australia’s performance in the World T20. Excerpts:
On MI defending IPL title
I think it is difficult just to win the IPL as all the teams are good… but having the experience of being on the big stage before and knowing how to win the tournament and having performed in pressure situations will hold the team in good stead. There are also the five retained players who were there last season to pass on their experience.
On Australia in WT20
I thought the Aussies had a great chance in the tournament but T20 can be fickle at times and if a team is just off with their skills and luck then it is tough to change the momentum in a short tournament. At least in the IPL with more games you have a chance to fight back if things don’t go your way early.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On the csk-MI switch
Of course it will be a challenge (to adapt to MI after playing for CSK for six years), but one I am very much looking forward to. I have really admired and respected the Mumbai Indians whilst I was at CSK and I am hoping to make a positive contribution both on and off the field.
On asian conditions
I think it is difficult to come from Australian and South African conditions into sub-continental conditions and it takes time to adjust. If the tournament was longer and Australia had more chances to progress, I feel we would have got stronger as the tournament progressed.
On positives from WT20
Glenn Maxwell is an excitement machine and will only get better. He is a great package that gives his all with bat, ball and in the field…George (Bailey) is a fine player and leader and he will be hurt by the results, but good characters bounce back hard from disappointment and George will be no different.
On missing players
Yes Mitchell Johnson was a big loss. He is very confident at the moment and would have been the perfect leader of the attack.
On 6,6,4,6 vs Ajmal
(Laughs) That was a lucky day (in the World T20 2010 semis). It is tough against those guys. You need some luck and good conditions to favour you. Probably best if you don’t panic.