Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and coach Duncan Fletcher addressed the media in Mumbai on Saturday ahead of their long tour of England. India will play five Tests, five ODI matches and one T20I during June-September 2014.
Here are a few key points which Dhoni shared with the media:
* “It will be a good exposure tour. We have youngsters who have a few games behind them”.
* “We are going a bit early and it will help especially since it’s a long series. Overall it’s looking good”.
* “During the 2011 England, we had 8-9 injuries. It put lot of presure on us and we didn’t have part timers with us then”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
* “2011 was a difficult period for us. We lost the series 7-0 and later lost in Australia also”.
* “There are quite a few things we learned from those tours”.”It will be a challenge for all members of the tour. We have 18 member squad and its a long series”.
* “The squad looks big but we needed it because last time we lost too many players due to injuries”.
* ”It is important to have good practice session before the tour starts”.
* “Overall I was happy with the effort put up in South Africa. The bowlers tried their best”.
* “Zak (Zaheer Khan) reads the game well and left-arm pacers do have slight advantage. The more games Zak plays, the better he gets”.
* “I can’t say at the moment whether we will miss Zak (Zaheer) or not”.
* “The tracks in England depend a lot on the conditions. If it’s overcast, then the ball will swing”.
* “It is very difficult to replace Sehwag at the opening slot and Rahul bhai (Rahul Dravid) at no. 3”.
* “It will be a good challenge for these boys. They have got good exposure now in past two series”.
* “What I have realised is that I have to be aggressive when I bat. If the ball is in my slot, I should go after it”.
* “My role is to go and play my strokes”.