England summoned opening batsman Keaton Jennings and spinner Liam Dawson on Wednesday to replace the injured Haseeb Hameed and Zafar Ansari respectively for the remaining two cricket tests in India.
Hameed broke his left little finger, and Ansari had a back injury.
Jennings and Dawson are in the test squad for the first time, although Dawson made his Twenty20 debut in July and his one-day international debut in September.
Jennings is set to open with captain Alastair Cook next week in the fourth test in Mumbai. He has a tough act to follow: The 19-year-old Hameed scored 219 in his three tests at an average of 43.8.
Before then, Jennings captains the England Lions against the United Arab Emirates on Thursday. He’s not due in India until Monday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He was top of the scoring list in the County Championship with 1,548 runs at an average of 64.5 for Durham.
Dawson was originally to tour with the Lions, but was playing for Rangpur Riders in the Bangladesh Premier League.
India leads the test series 2-0 after winning the third test by eight wickets on Tuesday in Mohali.