India’s iconic cricket stadium Eden Gardens has lit up its facade in blue, white and red, the French Tricolour, in a show of solidarity with last week’s Paris terrorist attack victims.
The illumination was done on Saturday and it will continue till the end of this month, Cricket Association of Bengal joint-secretary Avishek Dalmiya said.
“It’s our humble attempt to pay tribute to all those who lost their lives in the terror attacks in Paris and express concern on the growing magnitude of terrorism across the globe,” Dalmiya said, adding that the illumination will be done every evening till 10 pm.
- IPL 2018: Two play-off matches shifted to Kolkata from Pune
- Sri Lanka Cricket releases book on Jagmohan Dalmiya
- Cricket Association of Bengal hails World Cup winning Blind Cricket team
- Cricket Association of Bengal to use pink ball in league final to bid for Day/Night Test
- Eden walks the line
- On eve of summit,CAB balance sheet looks on course
Earlier, city monuments Victoria Memorial and Shahid Minar were lit up in French Tricolour while a section of the Kolkatans came together and held a candle light vigil during the Kolkata International Film Festival that concluded on Saturday.
More than a hundred people were killed while some 350 were injured in a series of co-ordinated terrorist attacks in the French capital on November 13.