Even as Justice Mukul Mudgal has come up with a 12-member organising committee for the World T20 matches to be held at the Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi and District Cricket Association’s working president Chetan Chauhan, who was appointed the in-charge of the event, has shot him a letter “requesting for some changes” to the list.
Apparently, many of the DDCA members were not on the same page with Mudgal, prompting Chauhan to shoot the letter, suggesting changes. It’s learnt that they want additions and changes to his list of names, which has overlooked, among other prominent names, that of BCCI and DDCA vice-president CK Khanna. “Yes, I have written to Mudgal with my suggestions. I am not imposing or forcing anything, have just voiced my view and have requested him to consider these changes. The final call is with him,” says Chauhan.
- ‘BCCI must look after DDCA affairs,' recommends Justice Mudgal
- IPL 2016: At DDCA, clamour for passes again before KXIP vs DD
- When C in DDCA doesn’t stand for cricket — but committees
- DDCA’s take on Lodha Committee reforms runs into controversy
- World T20: BCCI gives DDCA the green signal
- Feroz Shah Kotla may lose India-Sri Lanka T20I as DDCA struggles to furnish documents
The veteran Khanna’s omission was slightly surprising. “Khanna is not there in any committee but he would oversee all the work. Every committee would work in consent with him since he’s the board vice-president,” says Chauhan, who though hasn’t mentioned or recommended Khanna in the letter.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
On the other hand, Khanna played the issue down. He feels not being part of the committee is a minor problem and he has plenty on his plate at the moment. “Ye bahut choti baat hai (this is a very small thing). I have so many things and departments to oversee and work with. There is the association, then the BCCI umpiring committee. So I will be overseeing whatever is happening and it hardly makes a difference whether I am there in the committee or not,” says Khanna.
Earlier, Mudgal, who was appointed by the High Court to oversee the conduct of the fourth Test between India and South Africa in December, was pleased with the intent and work of some officials and understandably they have found a place in the committee. “DDCA has a lot of potential and some very dedicated officials who are capable of achieving excellent results if DDCA is run in a more professional manner,” he had written in his report. However, in general, he was unhappy with the body’s functioning and hence had submitted a scathing report to the High Court. The committee will be overseen by a five-man panel comprising Justice Mudgal, Amrit Mathur (board representative), MV Sridhar (tournament director), Sunil Valson (former cricketer and GMR representative) and Suresh Chopra (DDCA official).
Work complete, says Chauhan
Meanwhile, the Kotla underwent demolition and renovation work to comply with the South Delhi Municipal Corporation’s guidelines and with the work now “complete”, the association is confident to procure the completion certificate in a couple of day’s time”. “All the work has been completed. The extra washrooms we had, for the public, near gate no.2, 3 and 8 have been demolished. We should now be able to get the Completion Certificate in a couple of day’s time,” said Chauhan. Khanna informed that the state association has already received the permission from the fire department for hosting World T20 games, and others would follow soon.