The Rajasthan Club, a first division club of the Cricket Association of Bengal, has filed a complaint against an act of pitch vandalism with the local season about a fortnight away.
The incident happened around 11.15 PM Tuesday night and when the ground staff raised an alarm the miscreants fled, wrote the complaint lodged at the Maidan Police Station.
“A few miscreants have dug and damaged the pitch of our club ground,” club secretary Avishek Dalmiya wrote in the complaint.
He termed it an act of conspiracy to financially rob them ahead of the season and tarnish the club, from where Jagmohan Dalmiya made his way into the top echelons of the BCCI and ICC.
“The preparation of the pitch costs quite a lot and as the CAB season is to commence from December 16 it’s an act of conspiracy to rob the club financially and also put its reputation in jeopardy. The law and order situation in the vicinity may also be in stake because of this.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We request you take the cognizance of the complaint, take necessary preventive measures for protection of the property of the club and apprehend the culprits,” it added.