New Zealand swashbuckler Corey Anderson is expected to be fit for the upcoming Indian Premier League after recovering from a finger injury which had put him in doubt for the cash-rich Twenty20 event.
Anderson, who broke the world record for the fastest ODI century soon after bursting into international cricket last year, was a much sought after player in the IPL players’ auction.
Defending champions Mumbai Indians eventually grabbed him for a whopping Rs 4.50 crore (USD 750,000).
“There’s no fracture, no break and we’re very happy with how the injury is going,” Anderson was quoted as saying by the ‘Fairfax NZ News’
The 23-year-old’s statement came after he visited a specialist in Auckland last week.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The ligaments are all fine too; everything else is good to go. Everything went well and the news was all positive,” he said.
Anderson had hurt his dislocated right little finger during the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh in a match against Sri Lanka.
The injury had triggered speculation of him either giving the IPL a miss or joining the squad late.
The IPL will kick off April 16 in the UAE with defending champions Mumbai Indians taking on the Kolkata Knight Riders in Abu Dhabi.
The first half of the IPL (from April 16 to 30) is being played in the UAE due to a clash of dates with the general elections in the country.