J&K Police launched an investigation to track down those who were involved in circulating “fake” pictures of Pakistani flag being hoisting on the social networking sites.
- Shahid Afridi asks fan to hold Indian flag properly, wins hearts
- Bengaluru: Project aims at flagging potential curators, victims of Blue Whale Challenge
- Arms seized from home, Kasganj trader held for January 26 murder
- Kashmir: Friends struggle to connect schoolboy they knew with fidayeen
- Islamic State claims responsibility for attack near Srinagar, J&K police rule it out
- Manhunt launched to nab anti-national graffiti suspects in Kashmir
“We noticed one Pakistani flag in the Parimpora area in the city outskirts today,” said IGP Kashmir Mujtaba Gillani. “We have started an investigation, after we received reports of pictures being circulated on social networking platforms which showed that flags were being hoisted at several places in the city.” One of the pictures showed a flag that was erected on the Hariparbat hillock in the old city.
“We are investigating who is circulating these pictures on the social networking sites,” said SP North Shafqat Hussain. “In the next couple of days, we will arrest those who are behind these activities.” However, Shafqat denied that any flag was unfurled on the Hariparbat hillock on Saturday.