J&K Police launched an investigation to track down those who were involved in circulating “fake” pictures of Pakistani flag being hoisting on the social networking sites.
- Mohali twin murders: Five suspects whose pictures were released join investigation
- Mohali Police releases pictures of 5 suspects in murder of journalist KJ Singh, his mother
- Cyber harassment: Delhi Police race against time to crack 2 cases
- ISIS, Pakistan flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Woman separatist leader booked for hoisting Pakistan flag
- Manhunt launched to nab anti-national graffiti suspects in Kashmir
“We noticed one Pakistani flag in the Parimpora area in the city outskirts today,” said IGP Kashmir Mujtaba Gillani. “We have started an investigation, after we received reports of pictures being circulated on social networking platforms which showed that flags were being hoisted at several places in the city.” One of the pictures showed a flag that was erected on the Hariparbat hillock in the old city.
“We are investigating who is circulating these pictures on the social networking sites,” said SP North Shafqat Hussain. “In the next couple of days, we will arrest those who are behind these activities.” However, Shafqat denied that any flag was unfurled on the Hariparbat hillock on Saturday.