Barely few days left for the Asia Cup and the ICC World Twenty20, India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said “consistent” performances will give his side confidence going into big ticket tournaments.
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin weaved his magic with a career-best four-wicket haul as India today trounced Sri Lanka by nine wickets in the deciding third and final Twenty20 International to clinch the three-match series 2-1.
And Dhoni feels his boys need to be expressive going into upcoming important assignments.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
PHOTOS: Ashwin, Dhawan star in India win
“I feel it was a very good game, important we restricted them to a decent total. Ashwin was the pick but he was well supported by the others. In between you will lose one or two games. We want to keep playing the way we re playing. Consistency will give us the confidence,” Dhoni said at the post match press conference.
“We need to be expressive, the fans will put the pressure on us but we need to take it one game at a time,” the skipper said when asked about their chances in the ICC World Twenty20 to be hosted at home turf.
Dhoni also said the experience of playing in the Indian Premier League has held them in good stead in the shortest format of the game.
“Eight seasons of IPL has given us the experience. Always good to have the conditions suiting you to an extent. Spinners can come into play here, which gives us the liberty to try out a few things,” he said.
Man-of-the-match Ashwin said he is presently reaping the benefits of his hardwork.
“I hope this lasts forever. The ball is coming out pretty well. I’ve been working pretty hard, I want to contribute and attribute to the team rather than being a deficiency,” he said.
“I thought I would get a five-for today. The wicket had a bit of dampness in it. I have a couple of variation when using the new ball. I want to keep the batsmen guessing, and wickets makes me a different bowler. I always have the courage to flight the ball.”