Interim president of BCCI-IPL Sunil Gavaskar said he was evaluating the request of Bihar Cricket Association (CAB) secretary Aditya Verma, who wants IPL COO Sundar Raman removed from his post for alleged involvement in corrupt practices.
“I am seized of the matter and evaluating all the information that I am getting,” Verma quoted Gavaskar as saying in reply to the CAB official’s letter to the former India captain, urging him to take action against Raman.
Verma, on whose PIL the Bombay High Court ruled that BCCI’s two-member panel constituted to probe IPL spot-fixing scam was unconstitutional, had also alleged that Raman passed insider information for betting purposes in the Twenty20 event last year.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I had also mentioned about the transcript given by Mumbai Police to the Mudgal Committee indicating the role of Sundar Raman in passing insider information which clearly aided and abetted betting in the last season of IPL,” Verma said in his letter to Gavaskar.
“The said conversation formed part of Annexure-15 to the report filed by Mudgal Committee regarding intercept of 15th May, 2013 between Jaipur based bookie Pawan and Vindoo Dara Singh showing that Sundar Raman gave tip to Gurunath Meiyappan which were being shared by Vindoo Dara Singh to bookie Pawan,” he claimed.
Srinivasan to attend meet
Under-fire N Srinivasan is all set to attend the ICC executive board meeting in Dubai on April 9-10 as BCCI’s “representative” despite being sidelined from the Cricket Board’s affairs following a Supreme Court directive.
A senior BCCI official confirmed that Srinivasan “will attend the ICC Board meeting”, according to the website ESPNcricinfo.
While the Supreme Court had shunted out Srinivasan from all affairs of the board, the two-judge bench had declined to pass an order in relation to his role in ICC affairs, saying it was an “internal” matter of the BCCI, allowing Srinivasan to represent the board.