Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikha Hasina has ordered the deputy commissioner of Khulna – the third largest city in the country and a port town – to find land and get a house built for cricketer and Test hero Mehedi Hasan Miraz after his exploits in the recent series with England. The spinner played a pivotal role in the home side drawing the series at 1-1 in Dhaka which is quite easily their biggest coup as a Test playing nation.
Hasina’s directive comes on the back of media reports in the country which highlighted the 19-year-old bowlers’ struggle against poverty while captaining the Under 15, 17 and 19 teams.
At the moment, Miraz and his family live in a tin-shed house in Khulna city’s Khalishpur which has two rooms. Over the years, the medals won by Miraz have been kept in another room, a makeshift one built on the veranda with bamboo mats. The other bread earner in the family is his father Jalal Hossain who works as a driver for a rent-a-car service.
The media reports in the aftermath to Bangladesh’s sensation England win have highlighted that the alley to the house is too narrow for even rickshaws to enter. And ever since his remarkable showing, chairs have been kept in the alley as the number of guests visiting his house has risen.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is building a house for cricketer Mehedi Hasan Miraz. Principal Secretary Abul Kalam Azad has already conveyed her instructions to the deputy commissioner of Khulna. The district administration will find a suitable place for the house,” said Hasina’s Deputy Press Secretary Ashraful Alam to Bdnews24.com.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In home conditions, Miraz has had a glorious start to his career picking up 19 wickets in the two Test matches and rightfully taking home the man of the series honours. His six wicket haul in a single session in the second innings ensured a third-day win for Bangladesh. He is also slated to be included in the higher paying central contract.