Cricketing rivalry in the Asian sub-continent is mostly reserved for India-Pakistan matches. But in an attempt to ruffle some feathers in the India camp before the Asia Cup Final, that intent to egg their team on, certain fan(s) went too far. An image of India captain MS Dhoni’s severed head being clutched by Bangladesh bowler Taskin Ahmed started doing the rounds on social media.
The picture clearly shows Dhoni’s head in Taskin’s right hand which is possibly aimed at cheering Bangladesh on ahead of the Asia Cup Final tomorrow.
Showing a positive side to the fan support, Aakash Chopra posted an image of Sudhir Gautam with the Indian flag.
Saw some silly pictures (apparently) made by Bangladesh fans…here’s our response. We live with dignity. Jai Hind. pic.twitter.com/N8QWvYReRG
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) March 5, 2016
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
It also works as a reminder to last year’s imagery of half-shaved heads of Indian batsmen after being tormented by Mustafizur Rahman in the ODI series which India lost.
The banner underneath reads, “We have used it, you can use it too” referring to Mustafizur’s off-cutters causing problems to the Indian batsmen.
The picture called “Mustafizur Cutter” had skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Shikhar Dhawan and Ravichandran Ashwin with half bald heads. Bizarrely, this was produced by a leading Bangladeshi daily.
It is understandable to use visuals and memes at an opposition but using such strong imagery is just bad taste. And Asia Cup Final could do without it.