Cricketing rivalry in the Asian sub-continent is mostly reserved for India-Pakistan matches. But in an attempt to ruffle some feathers in the India camp before the Asia Cup Final, that intent to egg their team on, certain fan(s) went too far. An image of India captain MS Dhoni’s severed head being clutched by Bangladesh bowler Taskin Ahmed started doing the rounds on social media.
The picture clearly shows Dhoni’s head in Taskin’s right hand which is possibly aimed at cheering Bangladesh on ahead of the Asia Cup Final tomorrow.
Showing a positive side to the fan support, Aakash Chopra posted an image of Sudhir Gautam with the Indian flag.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Saw some silly pictures (apparently) made by Bangladesh fans…here’s our response. We live with dignity. Jai Hind. pic.twitter.com/N8QWvYReRG
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) March 5, 2016
It also works as a reminder to last year’s imagery of half-shaved heads of Indian batsmen after being tormented by Mustafizur Rahman in the ODI series which India lost.
The banner underneath reads, “We have used it, you can use it too” referring to Mustafizur’s off-cutters causing problems to the Indian batsmen.
The picture called “Mustafizur Cutter” had skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Shikhar Dhawan and Ravichandran Ashwin with half bald heads. Bizarrely, this was produced by a leading Bangladeshi daily.
It is understandable to use visuals and memes at an opposition but using such strong imagery is just bad taste. And Asia Cup Final could do without it.