UAE ended their first match at Asia cup on a losing note but UAE captain Amjad Javed was satisfied with the way his team put Sri Lanka under-pressure.
UAE lost early wickets to Sri Lanka seamer Lasith Malinga in the very first over of their chase and were later reduced to 16/4.
Javed said the team will look to bounce back against Bangladesh on Friday.
“The whole game was excellent. We put them (Sri Lanka) under pressure with the bowling. It was a big set back to lose two wickets to Malinga in the first over. Then we lost two more wickets and it is always difficult to chase. We have a match tomorrow. We will come back and try to do our best,” said Javed, whose team ended with 115/9 in 20 overs while chasing 130.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016