Head-to-head: India and Pakistan have met each other 11 times in the Asia Cup. Both teams have five wins apiece with one match going without result. The match without result happened at the 1997 Asia Cup where after bad light in Colombo on the scheduled day of the match, it was pushed forward but as rain continued to pour, it was eventually abandoned.
T20 head-to-head: When it comes to T20Is – the format for the Asia Cup – Pakistan’s record suffers a massive dip. They have only been able to win one game and suffered five defeats.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Last T20: In the last T20 match between the two, played at Mirpur in World T20, India emerged victorious by 7 wickets. Batting first, Pakistan could only muster 130 runs in response to India’s lethal spin bowling. In response, MS Dhoni led side reached the target with nine balls to spare despite a wobble in the middle.
Highest team total: India scored 330/4 to chase Pakistan’s total of 329 in Dhaka in 2012.
Highest individual score: Virat Kohli smashed 183 runs in Mirpur in 2012 off just 148 balls. This is also the highest individual score by any batsman in Asia Cup history.
Best bowling: Aaqib Javed picked up five wickets for 19 runs at Sharjah in 1995. His figures read, 9-1-19-5. For an Indian, Venkatesh Prasad has the best figures of 4/17.
Most sixes: Yuvraj Singh holds the record for hitting the most sixes (7) in an encounter between the two rivals. ALL of them came during his 72-run knock from just 36 balls in Ahmedabad in 2013.
Most T20 wickets: Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi holds the record for picking up most wickets in the T20 format (91). He could be a vital component in Pakistan’s arsenal of bowlers against India.
Lowest total: Pakistan scored a miserly 134 runs at Sharjah in 1984 in response to India’s first innings score of 188. Roger Binny and Ravi Shastri both picked up three wickets in the inning with four Pakistan players run out.
Highest partnership: Mohammad Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed put together 224 runs for the first wicket in Mirpur 2012 but ended up losing courtesy Virat Kohli’s 183 run knock mentioned above. The next highest stand features Suresh Raina and Virender Sehwag’s mammoth 198 runs together for the second wicket in 2008 in Karachi.