Ajinkya Rahane played the role of an opener against Afghanistan but the Indian batsman wants to perform well in the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup while batting at number four, a batting position he finds more challenging.
Rahane scored 56 runs and added 121 runs with fellow opener Shikhar Dhawan in an easy chase of 160 against the minnows.
“As an opener, you get first 10 overs, and new ball. I like to back my instincts and play my shots. At No 4, sometimes situation is like 30 for 2 or 40 for 2 and sometimes it’s like 120 or 150/2. You have to play under different situations when you bat at No 4. It’s very crucial to rotate the strike and play your shots, back your instincts. No 4 is really a challenging position,” Rahane told reporters.
“In T20 and domestic, I used to open. I am learning a lot at No 4. With world cup coming up, I’m looking forward to this challenge,” he added.
Pakistan’s win against Bangladesh on Tuesday had already sealed India’s fate in the Asia Cup. They signed off with a comfortable eight-wicket win over Afghanistan with 106 balls to spare.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Hailing the bowlers effort to bundle out Afghanistan for a paltry 159, he said: “It always feels good when you score runs. But we’re obviously disappointed that could not qualify. Overall, we played two close games. Credit goes to bowlers. it’s not easy to bowl on these condition.”
“Especially I want to mention the bowlers, Mishra, Jadeja, Ashwin and then Bhuvenshwar and Shami all bowled very well. The credit goes to them.”
“Playing under Virat is also a good experience. He’s doing well in all formats. He’s also learning a lot from Dhoni bhai. He did really well. He really handed the team well team. Also we missed Dhoni bhai. His experience as captain we missed.”
The team will fly out of Bangladesh on Thursday before returning here for the World Twenty20 in less than a fortnight’s time and Rahane said their experience here has prepared them well.
“We are looking forward obviously. We really learnt a lot from the two tours in New Zealand and South Africa and here. As a team we played really well. Obviously we did not win but as a young unit, we approached every game very well. The attitude was good. That’s what matters. Happy that the boys are putting in effot. I’m happy for that.”