Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane’s majestic knock followed by Rohit Sharma’s cameo ensured that New Zealand were facing a nearly incomprehensible task on Day 3 of the Indore Test. The Indian bowlers initially struggled with Tom Latham and Martin Guptill’s defiant batting in which the Kiwi pairing put together 118 runs.
But India clawed their way back in the Test with a familiar face and familiar bowling style. The spin of R Ashwin provided the breakthrough by dismissing Tom Latham. Ashwin then tore into the New Zealand batting line-up by taking the wickets of captain Kane Williamson and dismissing Luke Ronchi and Ross Taylor for ducks. Martin Guptill was run out and New Zealand were 148-5 after making 118 runs for none.
Ravichandran Ashwin ended the day with 6 wickets into his kitty and New Zealand dismissed for 299. Thus giving India a lead of 258 runs. The home side returned to bat and put 18 runs on the board before the day was brought to a close thus bloating the lead to 276 runs.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) 10 October 2016
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) 10 October 2016
No iffs & buts, maybes & perhaps’s: 20 five wicket hauls in just 39 Tests is clear testimony that @ashwinravi99 is an extraordinary bowler
— Cricketwallah (@cricketwallah) 10 October 2016
Remember I told you about that wicket producing machine in @ashwinravi99‘s backyard doing double-shifts? It’s in a beautiful steady state!
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) 10 October 2016
Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara are in the middle for India on 11 and 1 respectively.