England captain Alastair Cook has been fined 20 percent of his match fee for a slow over-rate during the drawn first Test with Sri Lanka at Lord’s, the International Cricket Council announced on Tuesday.
His team mates were fined 10 per cent after England were found to be one over short of its target.
“Andy Pycroft of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after the side was ruled to be one over short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration,” the ICC said in a statement.
“In accordance with the regulations of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel (the Code) governing minor over-rate offences, players are fined 10 per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that.”
Play in the match, which ended in a dramatic draw on Monday when the visitors finished at 201-9 after losing six wickets in the final session, went beyond the 6pm official finishing time on each of the five days, with 17 overs lost in total.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At the post-match news conference Cook said the slow over-rate was not ideal, but it was hard to manage with four fast bowlers in the side.