While Yuvraj Singh has recovered from a rare germ cell cancer, Yograj Singh too, it is learnt, has been diagnosed with throat cancer recently. The 56-year old is currently undergoing treatment in a New York based hospital, recovering after a surgery to remove the tumor.
The cancer in Yograj’s vocal chords was diagnosed a few months back and he had been taking medicines prescribed by a New York-based doctor, but when his voice choked and he developed breathlessness and coughing, the family decided to opt for surgery in the United States.
Speaking with The Indian Express, Yograj’s wife Satveer Kaur said: “He would often complain about throat pain and cough. But he never let us know what was going on. He would take medicines and be fine for a while. But when the problem got worse, he had to tell us.”
It was eventually Yuvraj who suggested that his father get himself treated at the same hospital that he underwent chemotherapy in but Yograj decided to go with the hospital suggested by an expert.
The doctors suggested that Yograj did not require chemotherapy, but had to be operated on instead, to remove the tumour.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The operation was a success and Yograj is currently recuperating in the United States. Both Satveer and Yuvraj have been in constant touch with the recovering Yograj.
“Thanks to the Almighty, the tumour was removed about 20 days back and he is recovering now. He has been advised not to talk till he has recovered completely,” said his wife.
While he has been advised not to exercise his vocal cords, Yograj has kept in touch with his family and his ward, Manan Vohra (Kings XI Punjab opener), through Whatsapp. Under observation in the hospital, Yograj used to text Vohra and had also wished him luck before the IPL finals.
“It was wonderful to get his wishes even when he is unwell. He is my Guru, I wish he is back to Chandigarh fully fit soon, so that I could share with him my IPL experience,” said Manan.
Satveer added that Yograj would be back in India in the near future.
“He will be back as soon as the observation period is over. He did not want me to accompany him as our children had to be looked after. We are hoping for his quick recovery.”
Yograj had married Satveer after divorcing his first wife Shabnam Singh, Yuvraj’s mother.
Yograj recently starred in the Bollywood movie Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, which released last year.