While Yuvraj Singh has recovered from a rare germ cell cancer, Yograj Singh too, it is learnt, has been diagnosed with throat cancer recently. The 56-year old is currently undergoing treatment in a New York based hospital, recovering after a surgery to remove the tumor.
The cancer in Yograj’s vocal chords was diagnosed a few months back and he had been taking medicines prescribed by a New York-based doctor, but when his voice choked and he developed breathlessness and coughing, the family decided to opt for surgery in the United States.
Speaking with The Indian Express, Yograj’s wife Satveer Kaur said: “He would often complain about throat pain and cough. But he never let us know what was going on. He would take medicines and be fine for a while. But when the problem got worse, he had to tell us.”
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
It was eventually Yuvraj who suggested that his father get himself treated at the same hospital that he underwent chemotherapy in but Yograj decided to go with the hospital suggested by an expert.
The doctors suggested that Yograj did not require chemotherapy, but had to be operated on instead, to remove the tumour.
The operation was a success and Yograj is currently recuperating in the United States. Both Satveer and Yuvraj have been in constant touch with the recovering Yograj.
“Thanks to the Almighty, the tumour was removed about 20 days back and he is recovering now. He has been advised not to talk till he has recovered completely,” said his wife.
While he has been advised not to exercise his vocal cords, Yograj has kept in touch with his family and his ward, Manan Vohra (Kings XI Punjab opener), through Whatsapp. Under observation in the hospital, Yograj used to text Vohra and had also wished him luck before the IPL finals.
“It was wonderful to get his wishes even when he is unwell. He is my Guru, I wish he is back to Chandigarh fully fit soon, so that I could share with him my IPL experience,” said Manan.
Satveer added that Yograj would be back in India in the near future.
“He will be back as soon as the observation period is over. He did not want me to accompany him as our children had to be looked after. We are hoping for his quick recovery.”
Yograj had married Satveer after divorcing his first wife Shabnam Singh, Yuvraj’s mother.
Yograj recently starred in the Bollywood movie Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, which released last year.