Alastair Cook is considering his future as England’s one-day international captain after his side lost the limited overs series against Australia with Sunday’s seven-wicket thrashing in Sydney.
England’s disastrous tour Down Under continued as they lost their third consecutive ODI after being whitewashed 5-0 in the Ashes series.
“I think English cricket needs a little bit of a change,” said Cook, who leads England in Tests and the 50-over format.
“We’ll talk over a lot of things. I think there will be some changes. We have kept losing games of cricket and I haven’t been able to turn it around.”
After losing the last ODI against Australia at home, England have lost nine consecutive matches under Cook, including the Ashes Tests.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I think I’m going to have to make a decision on that after you take stock of the next two games,” Cook said of his captaincy. “There’s two matches left and we have to try to win a game.
“They’ve won a lot of cricket against us over the past two months and it’s difficult to stop that.”
Following the Ashes thrashing, coach Andy Flower and Cook were given the backing by the England and Wales Cricket Board to lead the team’s rebuilding process.
Fast bowler Stuart Broad is the captain of England’s Twenty20 team.