Andy Flower’s reign as England coach has come to a sorry end after England and Wales Cricket Board asked the Zimbabwean to quit from the post following the national team’s disastrous Ashes tour to Australia, according to media reports in London.
Flower paid the price for England’s Ashes humiliation as the ECB has made up its mind to take the reigns of the team from the former Zimbabwe captain.
The reports, however, stated that Flower is expected to involved in some capacity in ECB’s coaching structure, possibly at the academy in Loughborough.
The decision was taken following Paul Downton’s detailed review of England’s disastrous tour to Australia, which included lengthy meetings with Flower and other senior members of the team, who have already returned from Australia.
“The decision was taken on Thursday in a meeting at Lord’s that Flower should leave,” a media report said.
Under Flower, who took charge of the team in 2009, England won the Ashes three times. Flower also led England to their first World Twenty20 title.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
England beat Australia 3-0 last summer in the home Ashes series but succumbed to a humiliating 0-5 whitewash in the return series Down Under.