Alleging a nexus between the Jharkhand State Cricket Association and all the accused in the IPL betting scandal, the unrecognised Bihar Cricket Association chief Aditya Verma has demanded a CBI or NIA inquiry into the scam.
Verma, who took the IPL betting scandal to the Supreme Court which led to BCCI chief N Srinivasan stepping aside, said the JSCA was hand in glove with all the accused.
“As per the chargesheet filed by the Mumbai Police, it is recorded that Sundar Raman was in direct contact with Vindoo Dara Singh in relation to the match fixing allegations. Mr Sundar Raman passing the information to Vindoo Dara Singh regarding the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore played at JSCA Stadium, Ranchi on May 2013,” Verma said in a statement.
“As per the chargesheet filed by the Delhi police some of the bookies were staying in the same hotel as the players i.e. Radission Blu, Ranchi. All the arrangements were made by JSCA, which is headed by its president Amitabh Chaudhary.
“This clearly establishes the close proximity and the nexus between the cricket officials, and the bookies. Till date the JSCA has not come out in the open and explained its stand, which casts serious suspicion,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Verma said JSCA President Amitabh Chaudhary is a close confidante of Srinivasan.
“Mr. Amitabh Chaudhary, President of JSCA is known to be extremely close to Mr. N Srinivasan, President of BCCI. A whopping Rs. 262 crores were allotted by BCCI in favour of JSCA for building the cricket stadium at Ranchi.
“There have been numerous allegations of corruption, malpractice and mismanagement of the funds provided to JSCA and a Public Interest Litigation seeking inquiry into the same is pending before the Hon’ble High of Jharkhand,” he claimed.
Verma claimed Chaudhary was facing enquiry from the Central Vigilance Commission for alleged corruption.