Plagued by a series of injuries,Glasgow Commonwealth Games bronze medallist shuttler RMV Gurusaidutt underwent a surgery to treat a nagging ankle problem, which has kept him away from international circuit for quite sometime.
“I had this stress related injury in August while training. It started just before I played All India Senior Ranking Badminton Tournament in Pune. The extra chip on the right ankle was troubling me since,” Guru, who underwent a surgery last night in Mumbai, said.
“As per the doctors advice I did everything that was in my hands. My leg was casted for 4 weeks because of the stress fracture. I tried doing rehab which was negative again. So I got done with the surgery last night. Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala decided to get the extra chip out and also reconstruct the ligaments,” he added.
Asked about the recovery process, Guru said: “It will be a pretty long rehab, at least 8 weeks. This is little serious and complicated but the surgery went well. I hope to recover soon and get back on court at the earliest. Need to be positive and patient.”
Guru also thanked his coaches and physios for all the support.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I would like to thank my coach Pullela Gopichand and physios Kiran and Heath Matthews who have been helping me all through,” he said.