Newly-crowned China Open champion P V Sindhu and Saina Nehwal entered the quarterfinals of the women’s singles competition at the Hong Kong Open Super Series tournament on a fruitful day for Indian shuttlers here.
Sindhu, who bagged her maiden Super Series Premier title last week at the China Open just months after winning the silver at Rio Olympics, trounced Chinese Taipei’s Hsu Ya Ching 21-10 21-14, while Saina dished out a gruelling performance against Japan’s Sayaka Sato to edge prevail 21-18 9-21 21-16.
Two-time bronze medallist at World Championship, Sindhu will next take on Singapore’s Xiaoyu Liang, while fifth seed Saina, who is on her comeback trail after recovering from a serious knee injury, will meet Hong Kong’s Cheung Ngan Yi.
In the men’s singles, Ajay Jayaram beat China’s Huang Yuxiang 21-18 21-19, while National champion Sameer Verma eked out a 19-21 21-15 21-11 win over Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in another match.
Jayaram will take on local hope Ng Ka Long Angus, while Sameer will face malaysian qualifier Chong Wei Feng.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
However, it turned out to be a disappointing day for H S Prannoy, who suffered a 21-15 11-21 15-21 loss against Malaysia’s Chong Wei Feng.