Rio Olympics silver medallist P V Sindhu will look to shrug off the disappointment of last week’s second round exit at Denmark Open and eye her maiden Super Series women’s singles title when she competes at the French Open this week.
The sixth seeded Indian, who had lost to Japan’s Sayaka Sato in second round at Odense, will open her campaign against Hong Kong’s Yip Pui Yin at Stade Pierre de Coubertin.
In the next round, she is likely to take on China’s He Bingjiao, against whom Sindhu had won at Denmark Open last week.
In men’s singles, Dutch open finalist Ajay Jayaram will face a qualifier in the opening round, while Swiss Open champion HS Prannoy will square up against Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand.
Canada Open winner B Sai Praneeth will take on Korea’s Lee Hyun Il in another men’s singles event.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In men’s doubles, Rio Olympians Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy have withdrawn.
In men’s singles qualifiers, Sameer Verma will face Brazil’s Ygor Coelho De Oliveira.