Parupalli Kashyap, Ajay Jayram, and Lakhanee Sarang entered the second round of the men’s singles event of the Yonex Dutch Open badminton tournament on Wednesday.
Top seed Jayram defeated Henri Aarnio of Finland 21-16, 21-12 in his opening match, while 11th seed Kashyap defeated Bjorn Seguin of US 21-12, 24-22 and Lakhanee prevailed over Scotland’s Kieran Merrilees 21-12, 21-18 in the first round encounters.
ALSO READ | After Saina, Sindhu… now Ruthvika Shivani Gadde
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jayram will next play Bulgaria’s Philip Shishov, while Kashyap and Lakhanee will be up against qualifier Rasmus GemkeDenmark and sixth seed Raul Must of Estonia respectively. However, it was curtains for young Siril Verma and Ruthvika Shivani Gadde as they crashed out in the opening round.
However, it was curtains for young Siril Verma and Ruthvika Shivani Gadde as they crashed out in the opening round.
While Verma lost 20-22 8-21 against Finland’s Iikka Heino in the men’s singles event, Ruthvika fought hard before going down 21-18 13-21 20-22 against Zii Yii Lee of Malaysia in the women’s singles competition.
Among other Indians in fray, mixed doubles pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Meghana Jakkampudi beat German duo of Daniel Benz and Theresa Wurm 21-11 21-17 to set up a clash against Dutch combination of Jelle Maas and Imke Van der Aar in the next round.