Indian shuttlers signed off an impressive campaign at the Russian Open Grand Prix, notching up the women’s singles as well as the mixed doubles titles.
Fourth seed Ruthvika Shivani Gadde emerged triumphant in the women’s singles event, beating local favourite Evgeniya Kosetskaya 21-10, 21-13 in a 26-minute contest.
In the mixed doubles final, N Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra edged past the Russian duo of Vladimir Ivanov and Valeria Sorokina 21-17 21-19 to claim the top honours.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, it was heartbreak for Siril Verma who lost 21-16, 19-21, 10-21 to Malaysia’s Zulfadli Zulkiffli in the men’s singles final after battling it out for over an hour.
For Ruthvika, it was her second title of the year after the South Asian Games, where she had upstaged Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu in the final