The Indian colts fought hard before going down narrowly 2-3 to Thailand in the final stage of the BWF World Junior mixed team championship here. The Indian team will play against Indonesia for 5th-8th place. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy won both the mixed doubles and men’s doubles matches, pairing with Mahima Aggarwal and Krishna Prasad Garaga, but India lost the two singles and the women’s doubles match last night.
Satwiksairaj and Mahima started the proceedings for India as they disposed off Thailand’s Pakin Kuna-Anuvit and Kwanchanok Sudjaipraparat 21-15 21-16 in a 30-minute clash to give India a 1-0 lead.
But, India squandered the advantage after men’s singles player Lakshya Sen lost 17-21 20-22 to Kantaphon Wangcharoen in the second match which lasted for 38 minutes at the Bilbao arena.
Satwiksairaj once again gave India hope when he and Krishna to beat Warit Sarapat and Panachai Worasaktayanan 21-15 21-16 in a 35-minute men’s doubles battle.
But Aakarshi Kashyap was no match for Pornpawee Chochuwong as she lost 9-21 10-21 to the Thai player in women’s singles in under 30 minutes to level the tie 2-2.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the deciding women’s doubles match, Mithula U K and Mahima played out of their skin but could not get across Alisa Sapniti and Ruethaichanok Laisuan, losing 19-21 18-21 in a 38-minute contest.