Ajay Jayaram and H S Prannoy advanced to the second round but it was curtains for B Sai Praneeth in the men’s singles opening round of the USD 700,000 Denmark Open badminton tournament.
Jayaram, who had reached the finals at Dutch Open last week, notched up a 21-15 21-16 win over Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana. He will take on the winner of the match between Chinese qualifier Shi Yuqi and third seed and local favourite Jan O Jorgensen.
On his comeback trail after a spate of injuries, Prannoy registered a hard-fought 21-13 19-21 22-20 win over Malaysia’s We i Feng Chong in a match that lasted an hour and three minutes.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Swiss Open champion Prannoy will face the winner of the match between top seed Malaysian Lee Chong Wei and Hong Kong’s Wei Nan.
However, B Sai Praneeth, who had clinched the Canada Open in July, lost narrowly to Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand. His fight ended with a 17-21 21-19 15-21 loss to Saensomboonsuk.
In men’s doubles, Rio Olympians Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy suffered 10-21 19-21 loss to Denmark’s Kim Aastrup and Anders Skaarup Rasmussen.