Pune: Worker’s death by electrocution Contractor booked for negligence

Police have identified the private contractor as Dilip Maruti Hanamghar (35), a resident of Dattanagar society in Warje.

By: Express News Service | Pune | Published:September 15, 2016 2:33 am

The Pune city police have lodged an offence against a private contractor in connection with the death of a worker due to electrocution while installing a board displaying information of an immersion procession of a Ganesh Mandal in Popular Nagar area of Warje on September 11.

Police have identified the private contractor as Dilip Maruti Hanamghar (35), a resident of Dattanagar society in Warje. Police said that a Ganesh mandal in Warje had hired this contractor for installation of its boards displaying information about the immersion procession.

As per the instructions of the contractor, a worker, Bharat Sakharam Kadam (30), was installing the board using wooden bamboos when he came in contact with an wire connected to an electric pole nearby, around 6 pm on September 11. Kadam died on the spot.

Police sub-inspector S V Nimhan initiated a probe in this case. Police said that the probe revealed negligence by the contractor. So police have booked Hanamghar under Section 304 (a) of Indian Penal Code.