In yet another positive gesture from the DMK, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi’s wife Rajathi Ammal visited Apollo Hospital on Thursday night to inquire after Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s health. Ammal met Sasikala Natarajan, Jayalalithaa’s close aide, at the hospital around 7.30 pm on Thursday, confirmed sources close to the AIADMK and the DMK. While the office of Karunanidhi refused to confirm the news, party sources said Ammal had been waiting for the green signal to meet Sasikala.
“She suggested the idea when Karunanidhi issued the first statement wishing Jayalalithaa a speedy recovery. Later, when Stalin had visited the hospital on Saturday, Ammal made a second attempt. She insisted that she should go and inquire about Jayalalithaa’s health, as a woman from Karunanidhi’s family,” said a party source. He added that Ammal had spent a few minutes with Sasikala at the hospital. Sasikala and Ammal are no strangers.
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
A senior AIADMK leader said, it was Karunanidhi who solemnised the wedding of Sasikala and Natarajan who was then the public relations officer of the Tamil Nadu government and enjoyed a close relationship with both Karunanidhi and MGR.
Both of them are devotees of Anjaneyar Temple at Alwarpet in Chennai which is close to CIT Nagar residence of Ammal, where she and daughter Kanimozhi live, and to Poes Garden, the residence of Jayalalithaa where Sasikala has lived for nearly three decades.
“They are known to each other and they exchange greetings and share few words whenever they meet at the temple,” said a party leader.