• This refers to Army Chief confirms: Pak moved troops to India front. Many of us are tired of listening to the same old tune on relations with Pakistan. Why are we so lethargic? Perhaps Israeli diplomacy is an option: cordoning off our borders might have to happen.
All hail Maya
• This refers to Mayas flights of fancy. UP Chief Minister Mayawati has never tried to suppress or contradict the contention that she is more a feudal lord of the Middle Ages,less an elected political servant of the masses. At least her arrogant and autocratic manner of governance and luxuriously extravagant lifestyle makes no secret of her mindset. How does she get the political insensitivity to spend huge public funds on the chief ministers inconsequential luxury when the whole state is reeling from the effects of backwardness,poor infrastructure,poverty,illiteracy and ill-health?
• Post Satyam,apprehensions will be felt in the IT industry and among investors as well. Satyam has questioned the credibility and reliability of companies in the same trade as well as among auditors. It is gullible investors and clients who have become the hapless victims of this collapse.
• This refers to Miliband says settle Kashmir to shut out terror,Delhi not amused: dont need advice. This is consistent with Indias position that Kashmir should be resolved in a peaceful bilateral manner. However,the British Foreign Secretary is off the mark when he tries to link Pakistani terror with it.
Organisations like Taliban,LeT or their offshoots have been active around the world inflicting terror in the name of Islam. It is naive to believe that violent attacks in Afghanistan,Iraq,Israel,China,Chechnya,Indonesia etc. will cease with a resolution of Kashmir problem.
• David Milibands position that it is Pakistans fundamental responsibility to put an end to terror organisations such as LeT might fall on deaf ears. After all,similar comments were made by Condoleezza Rice and the Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Richard Boucher. The main reason for this uncaring attitude from Pakistan is the double standard adopted by the US and the UK leaders. They first visit India to pacify it and wave clenched fists in Pakistans direction from New Delhi; but when they reach Islamabad their tone changes to please Pakistan. Pakistan is also aware of the Afghanistan troop problem which it uses as a bargaining chip.