Pension For MPs
Effective from September 9, 1976, former members of Parliament will be eligible to receive a pension of Rs 300 a month if they had served a minimum of five years. They will be entitled to an additional Rs 60 a month for each completed year of service, provided that the total pension amount does not exceed Rs 500 per month. The provision relating to the payment of pension to ex-MPs came into force on September 9.
A report headlined “Vested Interests Get Alien Funds” said Prime Minister Indira Gandhi characterised as baseless the propaganda abroad that there is a strong trend of divisionalism and separatism in India, and said what was true was that divisive forces in this country were getting funds and support from abroad. Vested interests in India and abroad saw danger in India’s efforts to establish its own standards rather than ape those of the affluent nations and had turned the searchlight on this country, she said. Speaking at the inauguration of the Institute of Social Studies, set by under party general secretary, V B Raju, to train Congress workers in party ideology, Mrs Gandhi said the very foreigners who before the Emergency criticised India for neglecting family planning were now saying the government was interfering in the private lives of the people. Raju added that India was a bastion of democracy where people engaged in the great experiment of socialism.
The MIG-25 jet flown to Japan by a Soviet defector pilot is a high altitude interceptor rather than a dogged fighter, Japanese Defence Agency experts say. The steel-bodied plane likened to an air-borne tank, is powered by two huge engines. The plane has been under close inspection at the air self-defence forces’ Hyakuri base in Ibaraki prefecture since a week.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage