Elizabeth Taylor will marry for the seventh time before the end of the year. Her press spokesman announced in Vienna that the glamourous grandmother’s latest husband will be former US navy secretary, John Warner, a 49-year-old divorcee.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The condition of Jayaprakash Narayan, who underwent a kidney operation at Jaslok Hospital in Bombay on Friday, is satisfactory, according to a hospital spokesman. Narayan was flown in from Patna and admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, underwent dialysis on Thursday and Saturday.
The family planning programme has touched a new high breaking all the previous records. An all-time record of 1.3 million male sterilisations, according to an official release, was achieved in September which is double that of 1974-75 performance. To date, the total number of sterilisations in the first six months of the current financial year is 3.7 million against a target of 4.3 million fixed for the year.
Mao Chose Hua
The appointment of Hua Kuo-Feng as head of the Chinese Communist Party was decided by Mao Zedong before he died, according to posters in Peking. Posters in the capital asked the people to “support firmly” the recent decisions which made Hua chairman of the party central committee and the military affairs commission.
Pak To Try Skyjackers
Five persons who skyjacked an Indian Airlines Boeing to Lahore on September 10 will be tried in Pakistan “for violating the laws of Pakistan”, Radio Pakistan reported. A Bombay-bound Indian Airlines Boeing 737 with 79 passengers and a crew of seven was skyjacked on the morning of September 10 between Delhi and Jaipur and diverted to land at Lahore airport by the skyjackers.