Lavishing praise on Aamir Khan for excelling in preparing for a role, filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra says only a person crazy for the art of acting can pull off a character like Dangal.
The upcoming biographical sports drama features Aamir, 51, as Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari. The trailer of the film was released yesterday.
Chopra, who produced Aamir-starrer PK and 3 Idiots, applauded the actor for his efforts. “I really like Aamir as an artiste. He is excelling himself,” Chopra told reporters on being asked how he found the trailer.
The filmmaker, who attended the 18th MAMI Mumbai International Film Festival with the superstar, was asked if Aamir was setting a trend in an industry where often actors hesitate to play characters older to their age.
To this, Chopra said, “Aamir is a mad man. We call him ‘idiot’ like you saw in ‘3 Idiots’. So, only he can do this. If you aren’t that then you can make a lot of money and leave the world but ‘idiots’ (people crazy for their work) remain forever.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016