An ailing four-year-old girl died on a bank’s premises while her father was waiting in a queue to withdraw money for her treatment in Tindwari police station area here. Dharmendra Verma, a labourer, had been making rounds of UP Allahabad Gramin Bank, Tindwari, for the few days to withdraw money for the treatment of his daughter who was suffering from fever.
Monday, he had brought his daughter to the bank and was standing in a queue for withdrawing money to take her to hospital when she died, Circle Officer Sadar Ajay Kumar said. The matter is being looked into, the CO added.
Meanwhile, the death led to a protest by the locals who squatted on the Banda-Fatehpur road and placed the body on the road disrupting vehicular traffic for a long time.
The move to demonetise high value currency notes was aimed at curbing black money, check circulation of fake currency and terror funding. Following the announcements, long queues have been seen outside banks for exchanging and depositing the old currency.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More