A 30-year-old man, who had contested the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections as an independent, was shot dead by two persons here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday when Hemendra Kumar was returning home after closing his shop. Two bike-borne assailants shot him dead, they said.
Kumar had unsuccessfully contested the 2012 Assembly polls as an independent candidate.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against Virendra Kumar, Bhanu Pratap and an unidentified person on the complaint of the victim’s father, police said.
They added that an old enmity with relatives might be the motive behind the killing.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest