A school teacher and five of his family members have been booked for allegedly harassing the man’s wife for money, police said today. No one has been arrested so far in connection with the offence, they said. Yogesh Patil and his family members, all residents of Ghodbunder village in the district, had been allegedly harassing 25-year-old wife Swati since May 2014 to get Rs 12 lakh so that he could pay the amount to become a permanent teacher.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She was also physically and mentally harassed for not being able to conceive, assistant police inspector Madhu Nana Shinde said.
Based on the victim’s complaint, the offence was registered on Sunday night against Yogesh, his parents, two brothers-in-law and a sister-in-law by Kashimira police under sections 498(A) (husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, police added.