Amitabh Bachchan gyrated to Ke pag ghoongroo with Smita Patil in the frame. He says she was a special lady. The 74-year-old actor remembered the late actress, with whom he worked in films like “Shakti” and “Namak Halal”, on her 61st birth anniversary, which was on Monday.
“Birth anniversary of Smita Patil…worked with her in ‘Shakti’ and ‘Namak Halal’…a special lady! A considerate friend,” Amitabh tweeted.
Smita was regarded among the finest stage and film actresses of her time and she appeared in over 80 Hindi and Marathi films in a career that spanned just over a decade. She received two National Film Awards and was also the recipient of the Padma Shri in 1985.
Her work includes films like “Manthan”, “Bhumika”, “Aakrosh”, “Chakra”, “Chidambaram” and “Mirch Masala”. The actress was married to actor-politician Raj Babbar. She died in December 1986 at the age of 31 due to childbirth complications.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Her son Prateik is also an actor.