Funnyman Russell Brand is busy taking tips from parenting books. The 41-year-old comedian, who is set welcome his first child into the world with his fiancee Laura Gallacher, is excited about fatherhood and has been en soaking up valuable information from baby guides, reported Female First.
“I read a different book every week and I read one on preparation for fatherhood to mentally prepare me for it. I don’t know that it has prepared me for it.
“I’ve painted the room, I’ve done the things that you’re supposed to do, I’ve accepted the idea that that person will be more important than me, ‘Jesus Three’ I’m thinking of calling him or her, we don’t know the gender. I may not even ever impose a gender upon it, let the child grow up and be whatever the hell it is, never tell it there is such a concept,” Brand said
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The actor said that becoming a parent has actually made him calmer.
“With this new domestic life with the two cats, the 13 chickens, the dog and the soon-to-come child there is a necessary serenity and I suppose.
“Being serious, if I dare for a moment, having been famous for a decade… I’ve kind of realised that you have to have some sort of transcendent inner serenity and some genuine earthed things in your life otherwise you’ll go mental.