Actress Rose McGowan has alleged she was once raped by the head of a studio. The 43-year-old The Doom Generation actress made the allegation on Twitter using the hashtag #whywomendontreport, reported Variety.
“Because it’s been an open secret in Hollywood/Media & they shamed me while adulating my rapist. Because my ex sold our movie to my rapist for distribution. It is time for some goddamned honesty in this world,” she tweeted.
McGowan did not mention which studio executive she is referring to, but she said she did not report the alleged incident because a female criminal attorney told her at the time that she would never win against her rapist because she had done an intimate scene in a film.
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
“A (female) criminal attorney said because I’d done a sex scene in a film I would never win against the studio head. #WhyWomenDontReport,” she tweeted.
McGowan has previously alluded to mistreatment during her career. In a Buzzfeed profile in 2015, she said that for a
time she was blacklisted in the industry. She also spoke about the difficult experience of shooting Grindhouse with her ex-boyfriend Robert Rodriguez.